Dear NZSAG Members,
We are excited to announce this years members show will be held in Whanganui at New Zealand Glassworks from the 1st of December 2017 to the 31st of January 2018. This is a great opportunity for you all to showcase your work and to exhibit in a new glass dedicated gallery in NZ! For exhibition guidelines and entry form please download from this link,
Please send your entry forms to Briarlee, firstname.lastname@example.org
To celebrate our 100th digital newsletter we are selling out the New Zealand Glass Art book $26.50 inc delivery. If you don’t have a copy-you need this book! If you already have it, grab a back up or gift to a friend! This is your last chance to purchase and stocks are limited. The order form is here, email to Steph now to get this great offer!
Glassblowing Plant and Equipment for sale:
all together or individually.
Complete Hot-shop equipment ready to hook up and run, with lots of back-up spares.
- Stadelman Electric 300 lb (136 kg) Totally refurbished furnace….refractory, back-up insulation, New Moly elements, spare Watlow computer SLR, and Manual, instructions and back up parts. $35,000 (new $52,000).
- Large G/H, 18” 460mm, $3,000. Blower and 2 x spares.
- Small G/H, 12” 310mm, Pine Ridge Ribbon only 1.5 yrs use)$4,000. ( incl. Foot-operated pneumatic door opener).
- Annealer $8,000.
- Pipe warmer, incl. $1,000.
- 2 x Pipe rotator, incl.pipe cooler $1,000.
- Colour pick-up oven, $1,000.
- 2 x Blower’s bench, incl. foot operated auto-blower $5,000.
- Colour extraction safety booth $1000.
- 2 x Oxy/Propane torch (knock of table and blowers bench) $3,000.
- Mauver $1,000
- Gas Train $3,000
- Flat-bed grinder 120# $1,000
- Horizontal 400 and 600 diamond vertical polishers $1,000
- Expanding drum polisher $800.
- Sugar-acid bath, 3 spares 50L drums acid and raw-materials for acid $800.
- 1 Ton Spectrum 96 Nuggets $1500.
- Colour Rods 93Kg @ $20/kg $1800.
- Colour Frit 65kg @20/kg $1,300.
- Variety large optic molds $600.
- Hand-tools extensive variety, pipes, punties, blocks, gloves, mits, etc .
- Sundry items spare kiln elements, yokes, shelving units, Respirator hood with motorised ext.hip filter.
- Electronic scales 0-5kg, $500.
TOTAL: $74,600 negotiable if quick sale.
My preference is to sell the lot, the price is based on conservative valuation.
Phone Ron for more details and photos (0064) 274 681594 or email Ron@defluteglass.co.nz
SAY HELLO TO YOUR NEW COMMITTEE
- Carmen Simmonds – President (email@example.com)
- Stephanie Benge – Treasurer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Lisa Mak – Secretary ( email@example.com)
- Briarlee Rees – Newsletter Editor (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Scott Redding – Exhibition and Catalogue Co-ordinator
- Philip Stokes – Committee Member
- Fran Anderton – Committee Member
- Mark Schafer – Website (email@example.com)
- Sofia Athineou – Facebook Admin
- John and Frances Hanson – Easter Show Convenors
We are grateful that Mark Schafer will continue to update members’ portfolios on the NZSAG website, so please email any new images through to him, and Sofia Athineou has offered to stay in charge of our Facebook page.
The new committee is looking forward to an exciting, positive two years and would like to thank all those who have volunteered their time and effort on previous committees.
It’s time to start planning for the 2017 Easter Show, which is New Zealand’s largest art competition.
Over 135,000 people attended last year’s event, providing a wonderful opportunity for our members to showcase their work.
If you would like to be involved, there are two main categories: Decorative & Sculptural; plus Wearable Glass (2 for 1 entry in wearable glass). The entry forms must be received by March 16th, 2017, and there is no restriction on the number of pieces you can enter.
For more information, please click here for the Easter Show schedule (pdf).
NZSAG 2016 ‘LIGHT + FORM’ CONFERENCE
Sat 22nd, Sun 23rd, & Mon 24th October, 2016
NZSAG are very proud to hosting its 20th Biennial 2016 Conference in Auckland, and celebrating this significant accomplishment.
The aim of this conference is to explore and examine the unique relationship between ‘light’ and ‘glass form’, and in gaining a greater understanding of how the interaction of light and form influences the glass craft, design, techniques and processes.
Eleven prominent National and International artists and lecturers have been chosen, for their glass craft, art and design techniques and processes at the 2016 Conference. These stimulating lectures are and incredible opportunity for the development of NZ glass artists, and are designed to help learn new levels of creativity and to motivate you with fresh and artistic ideas.
So dare to be inspired, and join us by registering early to receive the discount, attend the glass workshops, and book your accommodation using the Conference special booking code. Remember to include the Saturday night Conference dinner special for $45 (normally $60pp), where the members Exhibition Awards will be announced and presented.
The speakers for the 2016 NZSAG Conference have been finalised and it promises to be an exciting event. We will also be facilitating a number of informative workshops before and after the Conference.
We encourage non-members who are wanting to receive regular updates and newsletters about the Conference/Workshops to fill in a membership application, which can be found under the title ‘Members’ on this website.
For further enquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The New Zealand Society of Artists in Glass is having its annual exhibition from October 20 to November 15, 2015, at the TSB Wallace Arts Centre in Auckland.
Entry forms MUST be submitted no later than September 25, 2015.
Please see the links below for further information and an entry form:
Pictured Above: Caught #2, by Carmen Simmonds. Image: Tracey Grant Photography.